Posted 12 January 2023
Cristo Rey Orange County High School is the 39th school in a growing national network of Catholic high schools recognized for transforming Catholic education through a unique integration of rigorous academics, professional work experience, and spiritual formation.
For 2023-24, Cristo Rey Orange County High School seeks (6) full-time teachers to join our founding faculty in the following disciplines for our 9th grade class:
- English Language Arts – English 1
- History/Social Studies- World History
- Mathematics – Algebra 1 & Geometry
- Science- Physics
- Spanish- Spanish 1 & Spanish 1 for Native Speakers
For detailed job descriptions, please click on the following: 2023 Faculty Job Posting_CROC
To apply, submit all of the following in pdf format (preferably in one document, if possible) to [email protected] In the subject line please use the following format: (Faculty_Subject_Last Name)
- Contact information for three professional references (name, position, email address, and phone number)
- Cover letter that includes responses (maximum 500 words per response) to the three following prompts:
- What attracts you to the Cristo Rey mission? Why do you feel you are a match for this unique opportunity to be a member of the founding faculty at Cristo Rey Orange County High School?
- Describe your philosophy of education and how you would put it into practice at Cristo Rey Orange County.
- Many high school students confront an urgent, double challenge: they struggle with reading comprehension, basic numeracy, and they have acquired less of the academic vocabulary and core knowledge—in science, history, civics, the arts, etc.—that are critical to their success. These two challenges are reciprocal; difficulty with reading comprehension limits students’ ability to gain new knowledge and vocabulary, and limited vocabulary and core knowledge hinder reading comprehension. As a teacher in a college-prep high school with students facing this reality, how would (or do) you address it?